Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it now the norm for Coaches to over-recruit knowing they will cut players?"

2019Dad posted:
SEC Hopeful posted:
Stats4Gnats posted:

SEC Hopeful posted: … I just think it is silly to say "my kid has D1 talent and is on a D3 roster because he was overlooked." If you are on a D3 roster, you are D3 talent. D1 roster means D1 talent. …

It’s thinking like that which has perpetuated so many myths in the game. What it’s really saying is all schools get a meaningful look at all players, no errors in judgement of talent are ever made, and no players playing at a “lower” level school could possibly play at a higher level let alone have success at that level.

Get real!

All the nay Sayers seem to have kids who "chose D3 over D1"...so where are the posters at who had D3 and D1 offers who chose D1? Haven't heard them yet I don't think because they aren't trying to justify themselves.

You seem to have a hard time believing that there are people who might have a different outlook than you do -- you seem to think that anyone who is not an "SEC hopeful" like you is being disingenuous. You're wrong.

Not being nasty or mean....just saying that the proof is in the pudding. Where are the families on this board who have had both D1 and D3 offer who have chosen D1?