Skip to main content

Reply to "Is there any hope?"

Dominik85 posted:
RJM posted:

C's get degrees doesn't cut it. College professors hand out B's (3.0) like candy at Halloween. If a student doesn't get 3.3 or better he's not separating himself from the pack.

Do college coaches care about the grades beyond passing exams easily enough to stay eligible? What is the benefit of an A student for the college coach compared to C student as long as he passes the exams?

I'm not saying grades aren't super important, just asking what interest an athletic recruiter has in their student athlete being good at school?

I would think coach's also want their players/students to remain eligible for their academic scholarships as well (assuming they qualified initially). I can think of a bunch of reasons I'd rather have "A" students on my team vs. the "C" students that just slip by eligibility requirements.

You show me 2 kids with the same type of athletic skills vying for the same roster spot and I'll pick the one with the better grades/test scores all day long! Are excellent academic chops required to play college ball, no....Will they separate you from the other kid with the same athletic ability? Absolutely!