Skip to main content

Reply to "JUCO vs going Strait D1 D2 D3"

floridafan,

pretty much the same at my sons JC. My sons team is still in playoffs, he just left this morning, we will go tomorrow for their first game.We won our first series by a lot of luck. We lost our first game, won the second in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs and a walk off 2 run HR, and then won the third.
We also enjoyed watching the team.My son and I had a great discussion at the dinner table last night, I asked him if he had any regrets not going to a 4 year, he said no that he had made the right decision.
I think for the original poster, it is a very individual thing.I do agree with previous posters, do not go into a JUCO situation thinking its a easy place to play. On my sons team we had 5 D1 guys, that had come back. Three pitchers, two position players. And 2 D2 guys, either hardly played.2 of the pitchers hardly pitched.
Many kids go to JC becasue maybe they didn't have grades, or are returning from programs that did't work out.Look at all your options, be realistic when looking at rosters, and make the best decision thats a good fit for your son. Actually your son should be making the decision, its his life in the end.