Skip to main content

Reply to "JUCO vs going Strait D1 D2 D3"

Just have to disagree with a couple points made.First no question about it, grades are the most important aspect of all of it.
But it is not true that you are wasting time at a Jc if you were a good highschool student.My son is at a junior college and just finished his first year.he has a 3.3 overall from JC.That GPA will get him in just about anywhere except maybe IVIES and Stanford.
We have been on a few recruiting trips,and they told my son that the biggest reason players do not make it out of JC to D1 programs is grades. One coach told us he would love to recruit more players from JC but they never can get them in(private schools)(and UC).
I only have my year of experience, but the biggest thing kids do wrong at the JC is grades, and not seeing a counselor and getting the right classes.
If you take legit classes, and follow the IGETSE)in Ca.) Don't know if they use it else where.The classes transfer to UC and state schools.Every class my son has taken transfers at every school we have visited so far, And he can even leave JC after one year.it can be done.
Kids do transfer, and they do get recruited.A lot more than people think.I think a JC kid can still finish in 4 years if he takes 30 units at the JC.
Last edited by fanofgame