Skip to main content

Reply to "Jugs vs Stalker."

Thanks Bobblehead, just what someone else had said.

I take a little bit of offense by your comment nc. First of all what a gun looks like has no bearing on it's performance. Are you saying that for all the years scouts and MLB teams were using the Juggs that they were just standing around using hairdryers? At $800, I don't think the Jugs is a piece of junk or something that is "for parents who have no business standing behind the back stop bothering the college coaches and pro scouts as they get little Johnny's reading". Maybe a cheap Bushnell, but not a Jugs. If college and pro scouts are looking at him, he isn't "little Johnny" anymore anyway.

If you look at this post as well as the others that have been on this board, everyone says that MOST of the scouts and pros use the Stalker. Obviously, there are still some using the Jugs. The other thing is, how inaccurate can it be? Worst case scenario from what I have heard is that on SOME pitches, it MAY be 1 or 2 mph off. Other times the Stalker is a little higher. Once again, they sound pretty close to me.

LHPMom, based on what BOF says, sounds like the Stalker gun was reading the pitch when it reached the plate. Jugs when it left the hand.