Skip to main content

Reply to "Jugs vs Stalker."

I googled Jugs and could only find one kind. Round tube with handle. Price in the $800 range. Is this the "little Jugs gun" you are talking about? Before you pass any further judgement, I am not standing behind the fence amongst scouts. My son is just a freshman in HS. I have been the pitching coach for his travel teams the past four years and bought the Jugs gun about a year and a half ago for a number of reasons. One was to evaluate new pitchers we had trying out. Another was to track the progress of our pitchers throughout the year and from year to year and the other was to get a read on change of speed pitches to help them measure their success.

I took the gun out maybe 3-4 times per year to see where the kids stood (my son included). If I take offense, it is because you seem to think that I am something that I am not. I think you should not associate a product with whatever personality type and think that everyone fits into that category.

Since the time that I stopped coaching, the gun has come out once (mid October) and my younger son is the one who actually used it to get a read on my baseball son. Once again, to get an idea of his progress since the last time he was gunned was in April.

Guess I just don't like it when someone would imply that I am one of those "parents who have no business standing behind the back stop bothering the college coaches and pro scouts as they get little Johnny's reading" just because I own a Jugs gun.