Skip to main content

Reply to "Lamest off-season ever?"

Agreed cabbagedad and good point.  RP's use by MLB managers and their value is changing ever so slowly.  I actually did find this to be an intriguing development in this labor market with "overpriced" (my opinion) position players sitting on the sideline taking their direction from Boras.   The big salaries are still out there for those that can command them, but I honestly don't see Hosmer or Martinez getting long term/hug contracts.  In contrast, possibly teams are trying to gobble up available RPs, and figuring the rest out later.   That is kind of what it looks like now.   Possibly this is the big news this year that it is going to be the lamest off-season for free agent position players as Dominik85 mentions.  It really is looking that way.  Don't get me wrong, I think Hosmer and Martinez are very good players and they will make a good addition to whatever team signs them.   But is always about value and getting the fan base stirred up.  It seems like everybody is sitting back and saying..."meh".