Skip to main content

Reply to "Marking Launch angles in batting cages?"

2020 I can agree that teaching and practice for 15-25 launch angle is great, that being said I feel your total commitment to these numbers is extreme. 

Imo the metrics you are using are based on MLB data, at least I assume as much, that data doesn't translate to HS or 90 plus percent of college. The games and talent are different, the fielders are different it is just apples and oranges. A 100mph short hop gets booted or finds a hole a hell of a lot of times....

I don't mean to be a know it all but my gut tells me that for 90 plus percent of kids plus 5 to plus 25 launch angle is gold if you want to win. I will also tell you that bunting for a kid with plus speed but average swing is plus EV, sac bunting effectively in the bottom of the line up wins and I would be comfortable saying that at least 50% of the line up should be committed to sac bunting. 

these are truths are based on success on the field at all levels below being paid to play!! I believe using MLB data in the amature game as the sole basis for decision making is a flawed strategy.