Skip to main content

Reply to "MaxPreps"

Originally Posted by LH:

Unfortunately my son’s HS team is the poster child for the type of the team that roothog66 and back foot slider are referring to.

They are currently ranked 73 out of 75 in Section, 3-18 overall, 0-7 in league (RF8, RA61).  However, after 21 games, our team AVG/OBP/SLG on Maxpreps is .504/.527/.631!

Coach has been doing the following: Enters only those player stats that had a hit or two in that particular game (those individual numbers are usually inflated also).  The remaining hitless players are not included in the report.  Next game may be a different group of player stats used, or none if we went hitless.  This results in super inflated stats for each player and team numbers that are ridiculous.  According to our Maxpreps stats we are the number one offensive Juggernaut in the nation, but we have the lowest run production of the 75 teams in our section.

7 of our day to day players have batting averages ranging from .444-.647!  Only one of these players has recently accumulated enough at bats (27) to be automatically included in the League list of top performers.  He currently “leads” the league in AVG and SLG, and is 2nd in OBP.  This player has played in every game, and actually has 60+ AB’s.  His real average is closer to .220.

I feel for the kids that are below him on the lists; I know some of them and they’re the real deal.  They deserve to get credit for their hard work and achievement.

Over the past few months this has been brought to the attention of the coaches, AD, and even the VP, but nothing has been done to correct the situation.  What I thought at first was being done out of ignorance, is actually intentional.  Not sure what to do about it at this point.   Suggestions?

VP?????  Joe Biden knows about this?  This might be what gets gotwoodforsale back on here.  Sorry for the humor.

Your situation really sucks and I'm sorry you're son has to go through it.  Help him learn how to be a stronger person, better leader and tougher mentally from this situation.

As for the stats issue it's a crying shame that the coach is doing this and the AD (and even Joe Biden LOL) is not doing anything about it but at the end of the day nothing will come of it in terms of importance.  Anybody who knows sports, or has common sense, in higher levels will look at the record after seeing the numbers and realize they are bogus.  If for some reason they end up watching these kids play they will know then it's bogus but I doubt it will get that far.  The other players / coaches / media know this is not legit and not factor into anything in any type of post-season honors.

It's frustrating but it's truly nothing.