Skip to main content

Reply to "MaxPreps"

Haha, thanks for your comments, I meant assistant principle (oversees athletics), probably should have got crazy Joe involved instead, might have had better results.

Agree with all your points.  My son has been using this season as mental toughness prectice on the mound.  The pitchers on his team take the ball each game knowing they will face adversity.

I didn’t mention this before, but if there’s one thing that can make our anemic offense look acceptable, it’s our defense.  We have double digit error games (10 in one inning before).  It’s no accident that we lead the league in runs against by a 60 run margin. The vast majority of batters get on due to errors, and eventually score due to errors.

One of the positives from this season, stats wise, could have been our pitching, but coach doesn’t post those stats to Maxpreps.  My son and another kid (both playing college ball next year) are two of the top pitchers in the league.  Based on the stats I keep, they would both be listed in top five in strikeouts and ERA.

My main reason for getting involved was for the big picture stuff:

1.) Right vs. wrong, message sent to kids, future of the program, etc.

2.) Try to eliminate potential embarrassment to the players, program, school, community.

3.) Also, the kid with the made-up stats at the top of the league lists is a great kid; he’s young and has potential to get some college attention over the next couple years.   I’m concerned that these HS coaches may get him attention, but in a negative way.  You want to get on college coach’s radar but not in this way.  Don’t know his parents that well, so not sure if they are even aware of what’s going on.

Contrary to what we’re dealing with this season, it has been my experience that most coaches respect the integrity of the Maxpreps site and report accurately, albeit with a slight homer bias.  Those bias’s probably equal out over the course of the season.

If I do pursue this further, I may take your idea and get Joe involved.