Skip to main content

Reply to "Maybe This Time"

Coach May, congratulations.  I took a similar path with my daughter.  I gave up my HC position to watch her in HS and then in college.  I understand exactly what you are experiencing.  I felt the same.  For me, there is always that conflict between being the "tormentor" and the "mentor."  IOWs, I often found myself too intense.  For me, I could not leave the game on the field and I took every loss personal. 

Coach May, this is my third year back coaching now and to be honest, it is a blast.  I laugh a lot more and have found a way to temper my approach to practice and the games.  I once worried that the players would think less of me if I walked out of a practice without having thrown a couple of hours of BP and all of the other stuff.  Physically, I no longer can do that as I have to have both my right hip and knee replaced.  Still, the players are great and they understand.  I can still spin a few in there and get done what we need to get done.  I know you will have the same experience.  You've always been so level headed here and we all know where your heart is.  The players will as well.  Good luck to you.  Our sport needs people like you back in the coaching ranks!

Last edited by CoachB25