Skip to main content

Reply to "Maybe This Time"

SEC Hopeful posted:
Midwest Mom posted:

SEC, no one minds a difference of opinion on baseball or recruiting matters or approaches, and a perspective that challenges collective thinking. But you’re making it personal. Again.  

Nope, hope he does well...really. I just don't see where people need to pray for him to be able to figure out who should bat third in the lineup.

You obviously have no idea what’s involved in being a good coach. It goes a lot deeper than who bats third and winning. Coaches have the ability to impact kid’s lives.

My proudest moment as a coach wasn’t winning. It was when a former player signed his NLI in football. I coached him in Babe Ruth baseball. He invited me to his signing. He said he never would have made it through high school if not for me. He said I taught him to stop being angry at life and work through the problems. I still get tears every time I think about it thirty plus years later. 

Now take this story times 100 and you have Coach May. Coaches impact players lives. The great coaches have a lot of impact. Coach May is a great coach. Confidence comes from faith. If faith comes from prayer for Coach May that’s his business. 

Last edited by RJM