Skip to main content

Reply to "MLB Post Season Thread"

Go44dad posted:
fenwaysouth posted:

As good as the Astros are, the Yankees (and Girardi) are impressing me a lot....which is really difficult realization for me.   I underestimated the Yankee's (so did Cleveland) pitching staff and their lineup despite some rookie players who get all the headlines and strikeouts to go with it.  I guess Maddux and Glavine said it best...."Chicks dig the long ball", but what wasn't stated is that managers hate the 200+ strikeouts per year.   There is a enough Yankkee offensive fire power to make up for those 2-3 rookie strikeouts per playoff game against the best pitching in the MLB.  Possibly there is a silver lining....he isn't hitting into doubleplays.

Whatever happens, the Yankees have demonstrated they have rebuilt and are more than competitive.  They are going to get better which is going to make the AL East a tougher place to be.   

The Astros just look like a better all-around team at this point in time.  We'll see how they do at Yankee stadium.  I'm looking forward to it.

As far as the NLCS goes.....meh.  I want to see Dave Roberts succeed.   Lord knows I've seen enough of the Joe Maddon schtick over the years.    As far as the teams go, I just can't seem to get into it yet.

Astros fan and long time despiser of the evil empire.  I like the young players on the Yankees. They will be a force to reckon with for years. Baseball is in a great era right now of young stars. Good times!

I would like to retract my "Good times!" statement and anything positive I said about the Yankees.  If the Astros blow this, I am moving next door to RJM and buying Celtic, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins jersey's.  I just want a baseball or football championship before I die.