Skip to main content

Reply to "More HSBBW Networking - Summer Collegiate Coach"

Thanks again, all.  He has been scouring ABCA daily and using his college coach connections but it's tough when those coaches are fully engaged in their seasons.  We know how much of a "who ya know" and a timing thing it is and that's why I thought I'd reach out to my HSBBW family just in case.  He is aware of the long tough road and low pay in making his way to an eventual college HC spot somewhere, but at this point, stands determined.  He is also aware that the position he is seeking generally requires previous college coaching experience and that's who fills most of the slots.  He is determined, though.  He will likely be an assistant at his current school next year when he returns to finish up some classwork and is looking for that opportunity for experience with an established summer team between now and then.

He has dug up a couple leads very recently that have turned into phone interviews and is hopeful to have a decision to make some time this week.  BOF, he has also been checking the league websites to see which organizations don't have assistants listed yet.  I will definitely throw out the heads up on Ventura, thanks!

Ironhorse, I'm pretty sure that would be a solid experience for him... he's trying to get on the college track as quickly as reasonably possible, partially because he sees what we go thru 

Yes, TPM, he definitely expects to work 7 days a week... will need to pick up some menial work to put a few extra bucks in the pocket when not fulfilling team obligations.  He's pretty much been doing that off and on most of his college career.

Last edited by cabbagedad