Skip to main content

Reply to "Music for HS Games"

I'm the DJ/announcer this year and am having a blast. I've been listening to "I played chicken with a train," and "Honkytonk Badonkadonk" for years. Now it's all mine hahahahahah!!! Coach likes Rock and Roll, and so do I!

If you can get an mp3 of a song (as opposed to an mp4 like you download from iTunes), you can download free software to cut the songs. Can't remember the name of the software but you can google it. 2B made short walk-up songs for most of his teammates.

Here's my list:
As soon as I get there: Let's Get it Started (Black Eyed Peas), then usually some upbeat, energetic stuff. Move it on Over or Who do you Love? (George Thorogood (sp?)), Pride and Joy (Stevie Ray Vaughan), Honky Tonk Nighttime Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd), "U Can't Touch This" (MC Hammer) Everybody Needs Somebody from the Blues Brothers soundtrack, stuff like that.
During home IF/OF: Crazy Train, Enter Sandman, Shine (new song from the Olympics by 3 Doors Down).
Visitors IF/OF: Theme to the Pink Panther, maybe some Kenny G or Boney James. We have an administrator at every game, so I can't get too crazy, but the smooth jazz puts 'em right to sleep. Smile

When the home team takes the field: Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
Between innings, I try to mix it up: Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top) Tough Enough (Fabulous Thunderbirds), Hard to Handle (Black Crowes), Shining Star (Earth, Wind & Fire), You Really Got Me (Van Halen), Gotta See You Sweat (C+C music factory), I feel Good (James Brown), Mojo (live version - Muddy Waters), Boom Boom (John Lee Hooker), Future's so bright (I gotta wear shades) (Timbuk 3), Rock and Roll is Dead (Lenny Kravitz), Pump It (Black Eyed Peas), and there isn't a game played where we don't play Love Shack. I've also got some U2 in there (Elevation and Beautiful Day), and some Little Feat (Dixie Chicken and Oh Atlanta). After a win, I play I got a feelin' by the Black Eyed Peas, and after our one loss, I played Pick up the Pieces - Average White Band.

I have a friend who is trying to get me to add some Journey and Bon Jovi. I told her that I would do a lot of things for her. Lend her money, bail her out of jail, whatever. But I will not put Bon Jovi or Journey on my iPod. Those silky voiced pretty boys make my skin crawl. Big Grin
Last edited by 2Bmom