Skip to main content

Reply to "Music for HS Games"

Looks like it's been a while since this topic has been update so I'll share my playlist for Spring 2017 below.  As the announcer of my sons 9th grade team, I find myself paying much closer attention to music and making notes of songs I think will work well at the baseball games (during pre-game warm-ups and between innings).   The upbeat country music of the last 5 years really seems to work well.  I like to mix in some hip-hop, metal, pop.  Unfortunately, if I polled the team many of them would suggest explicit rap songs which just won't fly.  But you can find clean version of some explicit rap and hip-hop songs.  As far as programs for intros in addition to Audacity, you might check out an iPhone app called BallparkDJ which is tailored for mixing voice and clipped music and has an option to use your own voice or order voice from the voice of the Atlanta Braves (we're doing that this season and kids are loving it).  Here is my current list (long).

Well, my playlist contains 157 songs and I thought it would be easy to export this list as text using iTunes, but Apple seems to do everything possible to prevent this.  So I just exported a bunch of screenshots of my playlist.   Hope this helps.

Playlist - Page 1
Playlist - Page 2
Playlist - Page 3
Playlist - Page 4
Playlist - Page 5
Playlist - Page 6
Playlist - Page 7
Playlist - Page 8
Playlist - Page 9
Playlist - Page 10

Last edited by cpayne