Skip to main content

Reply to "National Letter of Intent"

Sounds like a very very good opportunity for your son. It comes down to play time for me, imo. My example, while it is only related to highschool:
My son could have "choiced" to the school where I work, which is a school very well known for football and baseball. The opportunity for play time at my school, for baseball, would have been limited due to large numbers. The opportunity at his zoned school was greatly increased due to lack of numbers. He chose to stay at his zoned school, worked hard, started every JV game, pulled up to Varsity at spring break as a frosh and has never looked back. He would not have had that opportunity at my school. Although my school had a much better program and "Name" in our area, the experience he obtained by playing vs. sitting was priceless.

As he explores his options now that he is in the heat of the recruiting process as a JR, I keep reminding him of lessons learned form that experience and that IMO, there are only two positions....on the field and on the bench.

I am sure your son will make the decision that his best for him, best of luck.
Last edited by lefthookdad