Skip to main content

Reply to "NCSA"

Coach_TV,

So, I'm going to offer you a somewhat different viewpoint. 

Over the years, I've seen folks post about NCSA and other organizations that ask the same question you've asked.  Since NCSA has been around for some time they must be doing something right and providing value to someone....the question is for whom?  Most of the people I've met over the years are people like Gov and Smokeminside.  They are very hands on, and came to HSBBWeb asking a lot of excellent questions that are specific to the process and their situation.  On the front end, they've taken temporary ownership in their son's recruiting efforts.  Over time that ownership has transferred to the recruit when he understands the magnitude of recruiting, options and ultimately what that "one" decision means.   If you are that hands-on type who really wants to understand all the recruiting options and process, I don't see NCSA or others offering you much value especially the free service.  You can get a lot of excellent advice from our posters who have been through it or are going through it at all levels and divisions.   Essentially, you get to see recruiting upfront in the trenches.   There is nothing better on the market, IMHO.  

Recruiting services cater to a different kind of person.  Possibly someone who doesn't have the necessary time, discipline or the desire to get involved in the "trenches".  From my vantage point, nobody is going to understand or have that desire to learn and experience recruiting more than the people who have skin in the game...the parents and the recruit.  This is the best place to get that.  As always, JMO.

Good luck!