Skip to main content

Reply to "NCSA"

NCSA is probably the best when it comes to recruiting services.  I guess if someone has no idea how recruiting works at the various levels a recruiting service or showcase geared towards DIII would be valuable.

It is very easy to get a DIII college interested in anyone with good grades.  Everyone that signs up for a DIII recruiting event or service is going to draw interest from DIII schools.  Talent always helps draw more interest, but being a good student is the most important attribute for many DIII programs.  Pretty much the complete opposite of DI recruiting where talent is most important and the grades just have to be good enough.

If anyone disagrees with this, just give it a try.  If your son is an above average student, send info to a large number of DIIIs.  Give them your academic information and mention that you are a good baseball player and want to continue to play in college.  Then see what happens.  You are going to find out that there will be colleges recruiting you to play baseball.

Just remember there are a number of DIII colleges that are a much higher level than most others.  The technique above won't work at those colleges.  These are the DIIIs that compete for championships. 

Some DIIIs both the high academic and others fall into both categories competitively.  I look at DIII baseball programs as though within DIII, there is a DI, a DII, and a DIII.  The bottom part of DIII would have trouble competing at a decent HS level.  And there isn't really anything wrong with that, as long as people know that ahead of time.

Point is... It is very easy to create recruiting interest at the DIII level.  Many recruiting services do very well because of that. Customer sees recruiting interest and become happy.  Even here where we read about many players being recruited by the same exact DIII colleges... doesn't that seem kind of odd.  I mean how many players with parents on here are being recruited by the same exact DI colleges?

Bottomline, NCSA is a good company that has been around a long time.  Even though we do not support any recruiting service for baseball, we would consider them the best and most reputable.