Skip to main content

Reply to "NCSA"

Use NCSA for my 2018 swimmer and my 2020 catcher.

2018 - Has over 500 views...  60 + Follows and not sure how many emails.   She receives mail at the  school too.   I disagree with Brian that its a majority of coaches "poaching" emails.  While it does occur, he is making it seem like it is not useful.    I would say %50 of the interest are from D3s where she would be #1 ranked swimmer as a freshman on the team in her strokes.  The rest is D2 and D1.  Obviously by the time you look at D1 she is the third or 4th ranked swimmer on the team as a freshman.    The BIGGEST suggestion I can make is....If your kid isn't going to follow up and utilize the options that NCSA provide  and just lets the colleges "view" the profile, your not going to get much out of it.  The more involved and proactive the athlete with the service, the greater the chance of success.

2020-  VERY skilled catcher.  Top notch receiver and blocker.  Not getting any love cause he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet. Look at every kid being recruited in his age bracket.  They are ALL big kids.  Do you believe that they are the only ones with skill?    He is only 14 and 5'8 135.  Signed him up as a 9th grader since we get a small sibling discount.  Has had a few showcase invites (mass emails Im sure).  Biggest thing was when two DIV 1 schools "followed" him.  Granted the search was for basically a warm body graduating in 2020.  BUT they followed him and it knows it.  Talk about motivation.  It was like a fire was lit under his butt.  He is committed to lifting and putting on weight and keeping his grades in the A B range.  Hell....If that is ALL I get out of paying $$ it was well worth it.  IMO.    We just want to keep playing ball for as long as he can.  (He BELIEVES he will be Div 1.  Love the confidence....).   Will settle for anything that lets him play a little longer once HS ends.