Skip to main content

Reply to "NCSA"

BrianTRC posted:

@Kevin A congrats on the success of your daughter. That's great stuff.  Sounds like she will have a great college career. 

I think these services mislead people when they see coaches are "following" them.  For your son to use it as motivation is a great way to use it, probably the best way to use it.  The families who use it as gospel that the coach is interested are the ones who are being mislead.  Trust me if a coach is interested they will do more than follow an online profile.  

Just curious, did you happen to get camp invites to the schools who followed your son? 

She has the potential to have a great college career.  A lot has to happen yet and the schools will  be sitting on the pool deck at Nationals on July 1 when they can actually talk to the swimmers.

Your right...Following them (and in 9th) doesn't mean anything.  Coaches can do a blanket search with very little distinguishing criteria.  But it also lets you know when the profile was actually viewed.  Means the coach or assistant coach took the time to read your profile...Your stats.....View your skills video....And then when they actually follow you, it adds a little weight.    The fact that school X was looking at 2020 catchers might tell me that the school has an opening.  Might help me focus on who to touch base with as well.

As for the camp invites, I mentioned they seemed to be more of a email blast.