Skip to main content

Reply to "Offers Contingent on Better SAT/ACT Score?"

WestCoastPapa posted:

Does anyone have experience/knowledge regarding D-1 academic schools making offers contingent on SAT/ACT scores?

Example: A 2019 prospect has a 4.0 GPA but has not yet taken SAT/ACT or the first test he took did not result in a a very high score. Aside form Ivy League, will some academic schools offer contingent on those scores going up?

I would think it's tricky for the academic school coaches as a prospect may have a couple of options at solid schools that do not require an SAT/ACT score that "University of Academic" requires. 

Appreciate the help.

WCP

Offers not necessarily but the amount of offer, absolutely.   I was informed about 4 years ago from multiple colleges that a lot of schools are making offers based off of it because it is a score that is understandable.  What I mean by that is the coaches know what they are getting.  When they see transcripts that say 4.3 with 4 AP classes and low SAT scores they have been burned to many times with those kids.  A lot of colleges privately ignore the extra point for AP and just focus on the actual GPA when they make decisions.  Other people might have different stories.  I am stating this from the stand point of a HS Coach being told this by multiple coaches and multiple levels.