Skip to main content

Reply to "Patriot League Schools"

I went to Lehigh and I'm still active there on campus. Also, I am very familiar with recruiting in the conference. I would call this low D1 with the thing that separates Patriot League from high D3 being the depth of the pitching, not the velocity of the top pitchers.

The league is in a funny situation where Army and Navy have been dominate for the last few years. The league does not allow athletic scholarships but Army and Navy are essentially 100% scholarship. The rest of the schools need kids that can get admitted AND can afford to attend. They lose some kids to scholarship offering D1's and they lose other kids to high academic aid D3's (think Hopkins, Williams, Amherst, Swat, etc.) However, the kid with high academic standards, who is committed to D1 sports, but doesn't "fit" in the Ivy, can excel here. The problem is those same kids are being sought by many, many schools, so the rosters are not very deep.

Thats how I see it. PM me if you want specifics about Lehigh - a great place to go to school.