Skip to main content

Reply to "PBR Top Prospect Showcase"

RoadRunner posted:

In Ohio it’s called The Top Prospect Games. It is truly invite only. One of the pbr scouts or coaches from top org must recommend you. Son found it to be very much worthwhile. Phone was ringing off the hook immediately after the event.   This is how it’s done in Ohio. Not sure about Ca. 

Agree....son got a lot of notice at that same event.  The number of coaches there was phenomenal.  I have a pic somewhere, if I can find it I'll post it.  As far as "invite only"....yes, to a point, but PBR obviously hasn't seen every kid in the state.  If your kid is a good player and would like to attend, go ahead and ask for an invite.  They won't just say "oh, ok, come on over"....but if they can make a couple calls and find out he's as good as you say, there's a good chance he'll get asked to come if they have room.   They know they haven't seen every kid but they do want the top kids at their event...helps the kids, but also makes them look good if it looks like they didn't "miss" anyone

Keep in mind that Ohio was PBR's second or third state....they are very well respected here.  Will they draw the same number of coaches/scouts in CA since they are new there?  I'm not sure, but PBR is basically "national" now so I would think that they would still be a good option, even if they are new to the state