Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

Gov posted:
2018SSDad posted:

I'll add one more thought. After attending a the PG showcase in June my son got ranked as the #14 SS in the state. After that emailed all the 50 coaches on his list with the subject line  "#14 ranked SS the State." He got a good amount of replies and I think the ranking helped him get the coaches to watch his videos and make contact with him.

The interesting thing is he ended up committing to a school that he never emailed or sent a single video. They saw him play live 2x (one at a PG event) which goes back to my earlier post on the thread. You have to get in front of coaches and play.

Ranked 14 SS in state with what PG grade?  That alone is not enough, and yes, absolutely getting in front of coaches is the best approach.  (Edit: a ranking in the state is not enough, more about the individuals PG grade and this OP's kid has limited time, so whatever will work, if he can pop his grade a bit, it can only help.)

Reminder:  "2018 with a 8.5 already and uncommitted"  who has improved quite a bit.  Options???  It's the middle of Sept of his Senior Yr.

Options:  Several individual college camps are available, several small uncommitted senior showcases are available, then you're going into October with PG Fall Academic, AZ Senior Classic, PG Top Prospect, HF Jupiter and SHB in early November.  Depending on academic strength and targeted colleges it will dictate the route to take.  

I'd also suggest some fresh video highlighting your skills then emailing, then calling the coaches on the targeting list and specifically ask them where you can be seen over the next 60 days.  Little time, need to be tactically aggressive!!

Completely diff approach if younger....he's a senior.

This was the most outstanding response. We are all in on being "Tactically aggressive" .  Checked out PG College commit list . Noted target schools with open slots. Son is emailing & updating those coaches. Hoping to get SAT score north of 1400 and pop in high 1.8's. Late Bloomers quandary, but lesson being learned is to push on....