Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

cabbagedad posted:

This is not just a normal public forum.  This is a distinct community of baseball people who, for the most part, are here to help other baseball people along their path.  PGStaff has gone SO FAR above and beyond to be part of that community.  Yes, of course, he has a related business that profits from many of us.  But we here profit a TON from his contributions here.  More important, he has proven time and time again to be the genuine person he claims to be.  There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with disagreeing with him and saying so here.  But the lack of respect, the tone and the lack of recognition of his efforts here and lack of recognition of his proven character is extremely disappointing.   

I would sure hope that we can continue to be far more and and much better than just a normal public forum.  But seeing threads turn this way is a big concern.  There was a recent thread about the "old days" here and some back and forth about how it was then, how it is now, etc.  I think there were actually more arguments and disagreements in the past but there was at least some awareness of who was sitting at the dinner table.  JMO

This is getting REALLY old.  I'm starting to think I'm hanging out at the wrong house.

Best response to this thread yet...or at least after the thread went south. I have not been a regular of these forums as long as most but have already benefited from PGStaff's willingness to help parents/players navigate the murky waters of college baseball recruiting. At one point, I posted a video or link to video of my son (can't recall which), but PGStaff replied and offered to help. I had no idea who he was but thankfully received a message from another member recommending that I take him up on his offer. Obviously, I did and he provided some great insight. One of his first messages back to me was 7 paragraphs long and there was not one mention of PG or his position with the organization. I actually looked him up after he signed with his name and realized how fortunate I was that he was willing to take the time to, not only respond, but respond in a very detailed and thoughtful manner. I really appreciate these forums and love that you get so many different perspectives from some great people who really understand the power of serving others! Thanks to you ALL!!!!