Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

cabbagedad posted:

This is not just a normal public forum.  This is a distinct community of baseball people who, for the most part, are here to help other baseball people along their path.  PGStaff has gone SO FAR above and beyond to be part of that community.  Yes, of course, he has a related business that profits from many of us.  But we here profit a TON from his contributions here.  More important, he has proven time and time again to be the genuine person he claims to be.  There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with disagreeing with him and saying so here.  But the lack of respect, the tone and the lack of recognition of his efforts here and lack of recognition of his proven character is extremely disappointing.   

I would sure hope that we can continue to be far more and and much better than just a normal public forum.  But seeing threads turn this way is a big concern.  There was a recent thread about the "old days" here and some back and forth about how it was then, how it is now, etc.  I think there were actually more arguments and disagreements in the past but there was at least some awareness of who was sitting at the dinner table.  JMO

This is getting REALLY old.  I'm starting to think I'm hanging out at the wrong house.

I don't understand.  There has only been one poster on this thread that was a "little" over the respect line.  Everything else has been a civil debate.

At times this forum reminds me of the small Mexican village who defends the Mexican Cartel because of all the good the cartel brings to the local community.  Ignoring all the issues it causes. 

PG's response to a very natural post from San Diego Realist stirred this debate.  If you look over the past similar debates, PG stirs the pot much more than most.  Going directly into a highly defensive mode which is typically to attack.