Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

well I guess we know what kind of moderators we have then, no such thing as any kind of annonymity, all loyalty to PG and the guy who is keeping the lights on. I came on this sight to learn as much about the recruiting process from those who have walked a mile or two in this path ahead of me. What I didnt expect to see was PG on here defending every criticism made about the organization. Am I to blame that he seems to have picked up his ball and left? No, his hubris is to blame. He cannot take criticism of his organization. For all of the posts that he sees on this website about issues with his organization, and I am not alone in these criticisms - just fed up enough that i say something about it - he cannot recognize that these criticisms are widespread public opinion about Perfect Game.

Organizations like PG have monetized what used to be a recreational sport for their profits, they aren't doing it to help Johnny at the local park. The monetization of the recruiting process is perhaps the most grotesque thing I have ever seen, playing upon a child and parents anxiety about their futures. The creation of a ranking system and lists is the genius behind perfect game, people will pay top dollar to climb that ladder - they know it, are banking on it and are taking it to the bank. 

There are things that PG should be commended for. They certainly do get the best players and teams to their events, which in turn draws coach (likes ants to sugar). But the overarching message PG send kids and parents is that a large percentage of college and pro players matriculate thru PG...but only because those players, parents and advisors have fallen prey to the marketing that has sucked the majority of us in, and the symbiotic relationship PG has with club baseball. They need each other to survive, they scratch each other's backs.

So, I will also say that I am tired of the bully pulpit your financial contributions to this website have afforded you. Yours is the only opinion that matters. Its not, there are many people in baseball who aren't playing on the emotions and anxieties of parents and kids to make their livelihoods. 

Hmm...you struck a nerve, Jerry. Let's talk about that beautifully greedy piece of software development that you implemented called diamondkast. Not enough to charge entry fees for teams, gate fees for parents, parking fees at Lakepoint...no, you couldn't stand the fact that GameChanger was making $$$ by having subscribers see the stats for your events! You had to have that piece of the pie too, Jerry, all at the expense of your customers. And if those stats don't support your inflated Scout blog notes about a player who is well connected with a travel team that plays in dozens of your events each year? Poof those stats are gone! I could go on all day, damn you got me fired up.

So you can tell the moderator that sent you that report that I too will be leaving this forum and community, because it is not objective, is basically a Petri dish for PG to sway public opinion about the importance they have in the recruiting process. Oh, last word. Perfect Game does pay the bills here and didn't want anyone to know, got that information from TPM. Hopefully that knowledge will give other members a glimpse into the motivation of your participation here. Wasn't my intention to dine her out, but she is a smart lady and probably knew what's i would do with that nugget of knowledge. 

good day