Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

PGStaff posted:

The house has changed.

Year's ago Julie gave me moderator privilege.  I didn't want it, I have never used it, but I get the private emails when someone has a complaint about a certain poster or post.  We have been donating to the HSBW since Bob Howdeshell was in charge.  This was before any advertising.  Whe Julie took over I told her I didn't want any advertising banner or special privileges.  She insisted because we were donating to the site. 

Over many years I have posted enough to write a couple novels on  this site.  A very small percentage which had anything to do with PG.  I truly enjoyed the site and sometimes we could go for months without even a mention of PG. If anyone wants to research the 10,000+ posts from PGStaff, you will find out for yourself.

Now people have questions and sometimes I feel I should answer.  Over the last year it has become obvious that there are posters that have an agenda.  There are people that want to make me look like a carnival barker.  I'm positive these people don't know me.  Any good businessman, would quickly understand where my heart is and that it has very little to do with sales or business. In fact if someone searches long enough, they will find posts where I have recommended a player go to a different event rather than attend a PG event.  Wow, what a salesman!

I never try to tell people what to do, even when I know what they should do.  23 years at PG, many years before as a college coach/recruiter and a few years as a MLB scout, yet parents know more about the recruiting process? Then I have to read things like HS baseball produces more college and pro players.  Of course they do because everyone plays in HS.  A very very small fraction of those end up at PG events. 

Anyway, because I get these complaints via email, I saw one today that really did hurt.  I think everyone should see this, because if this is the way people feel and as much as I have enjoyed the HSBBW for around 15 years, I need to move on in my life.

Here is what I got to see. I suppose the moderators all got the same thing, but I'm not sure how that works. Guess in some ways I am thin skinned, but I have never once sent moderators a report or complaint.  They would know if they ever saw one.  To me this tattle tale stuff is juvenile, but does have a purpose behind it.  At this point I think I'm going to take a break from here and just allow people to say whatever they wish.  I apologize to the many great people here that I've learned to respect.  And yes, I really do miss so many from the past.  Many that I don't even know what their real name is.

Reported By: SanDiegoRealist

If Pg staff cannot listen to criticism of PG then he needs to leave the board. It's not his board, or is it? I heard he pays the bills for it. He can't come in here as a shill for his company and get butt hurt when people criticize it. If he hs that thin of skin he needs to go away.

I really wish I wouldn't have seen the above complaint.

Jerry,

As per our conversation a few weeks ago, there definitely needs to be some changes made.  There does seem to be a group of folks who feel people like you or me, don't belong here. I mean when I get a pm asking me why am I here, it's upsetting.  IMO, it just shows a complete lack of respect. 

IMO, I will say it again, and again, the entire site changed when a group of people decided that inviting every 2020 or 2021 and earlier needed their own private pm.

I received a pm the other day from someone introducing themselves and letting me know who their son was.  I really think that there are a lot more people out there who would love to have that same relationships that we had years ago. They WANT to learn from others.  

Listen don't feel bad, I got the same insults from the same posters, I did get anew apology, but I also found out about a bunch of garbage someone posted about me in a private email.

That's just BS.

Look folks, remember the saying different stokes for different folks?  PG isn't for everyone, college camps, HF isn't for everyone, AC or ECS aren't either. Problem is, that I see is that people are spending too much money TRYING to get their players noticed.  When I see a parent post that they have attended X amount of PG showcases or college camps and not one coach or scout has noticed, I choke.  They don't get it, then they blame the college coach or the organization.

I don't know what to say.  Many people woke up this morning not having a home to go home to, seniors will not graduate from their HS, might not even play HS ball this year and we got folks bickering over 8 or 8.5 rating or which showcase will give them a better opportunity to be seen, just makes me sad. 

Who cares who contributes to this site? How many of you have donated lately? Maybe this should be a site that one needs to pay to belong, or as PG suggests, try to start your own site, see how far you will get (not).

Just to set the record straight, I do believe that coaches do contact PG before their tournaments asking for information about a certain group they want to see. If it's a d2 coach he will ask for profiles that fit D2. So if your son doesn't fit the profile for the tournaments, you need to try another venue. And make sure the team your son is on, isn't just taking your money.

I have known Jerry Ford forever. I don't always agree with PG, or Jerry, but I would never show the disrespect he has often been shown, or for others for that matter.

Enough! Instead of asking why old timers are here, why not just leave if one isn't happy!

JMO

Last edited by TPM