Skip to main content

Reply to "PG Fall National Prospect Showcase Invite"

real green posted:
cabbagedad posted:

This is not just a normal public forum.  This is a distinct community of baseball people who, for the most part, are here to help other baseball people along their path.  PGStaff has gone SO FAR above and beyond to be part of that community.  Yes, of course, he has a related business that profits from many of us.  But we here profit a TON from his contributions here.  More important, he has proven time and time again to be the genuine person he claims to be.  There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with disagreeing with him and saying so here.  But the lack of respect, the tone and the lack of recognition of his efforts here and lack of recognition of his proven character is extremely disappointing.   

I would sure hope that we can continue to be far more and and much better than just a normal public forum.  But seeing threads turn this way is a big concern.  There was a recent thread about the "old days" here and some back and forth about how it was then, how it is now, etc.  I think there were actually more arguments and disagreements in the past but there was at least some awareness of who was sitting at the dinner table.  JMO

This is getting REALLY old.  I'm starting to think I'm hanging out at the wrong house.

I don't understand.  There has only been one poster on this thread that was a "little" over the respect line.  Everything else has been a civil debate.

At times this forum reminds me of the small Mexican village who defends the Mexican Cartel because of all the good the cartel brings to the local community.  Ignoring all the issues it causes. 

PG's response to a very natural post from San Diego Realist stirred this debate.  If you look over the past similar debates, PG stirs the pot much more than most.  Going directly into a highly defensive mode which is typically to attack. 

Well, I'm glad that you are one to want PG to stay but I gotta say, comparing to a Mexican Cartel isn't exactly helping.  And, yes, there was one who went far (not a little) over the respect line and a few others who have been persistent in their jabs at PGStaff while partially hiding behind an occasional offsetting compliment.   Their true intent became much more evident toward the end of this thread.  

I suggest you dig further back into PGStaff's posts.  To generally describe him here as one who stirs the pot is a very inaccurate depiction.   Any responses that have been highly defensive have been clearly initiated by others making "over the line" remarks such as the one that was made on this thread.  I know that myself and many others here are regularly amazed at his composure and patience with some of this stuff here.  

If a person was formulating the idea of this site/community and was trying to identify someone who could be a great resource, you would want someone who has seen it all and been in the trenches and still is very much in the eye of the hurricane.  Let's see, former college coach, former MLB scout, from an area that struggled to get players the attention they needed in the recruiting process, a person with the character and integrity and determination to do something about it.... a person who has his finger on the pulse of every aspect of the recruiting process and the draft process as well as the top showcase and travel events..  a person who, once they made the huge accomplishment, was still willing to unselfishly share his knowledge and observations, willing to take the petty criticisms of his organization and continue to be that resource for that community...  you would come up with...  PGStaff.  And you would be very hard pressed to find a single better individual to be involved in your site.

And more so... this from CoachLD...

"At one point, I posted a video or link to video of my son (can't recall which), but PGStaff replied and offered to help. I had no idea who he was but thankfully received a message from another member recommending that I take him up on his offer. Obviously, I did and he provided some great insight. One of his first messages back to me was 7 paragraphs long and there was not one mention of PG or his position with the organization. I actually looked him up after he signed with his name and realized how fortunate I was that he was willing to take the time to, not only respond, but respond in a very detailed and thoughtful manner."

PGStaff has done so for countless others here as well.

I've been waiting for this day to come when a few would make their legacy here and actually drive him away.  THAT is deplorable.