Skip to main content

Reply to "In Memory of Fungo (Luke Bell)"

I will miss Luke.  I will SOOO miss Luke.  While he hadn't posted here in a while, he routinely sent me notes on Facebook, including very recently, asking about this and that, or commenting on something I had posted.  Even earlier this summer he sent me a note apologizing for not being able to write as much due to the loss of use of his fingers for typing.  I was like, 'are you kidding me?'  Luke was a unique friend - one who made me feel loved and touched nearly every day.  He was so genuinely kind - such a good...GOOD person.

I just love Luke Bell.  No other way to say it. I just love(d) the guy.

Below is a post his daughter-in-law posted this past weekend - I just cannot imagine a nicer, better thing for a daughter to ever write about her father or father-in-law....

Saying goodbye is never easy and in fact it's one of the hardest things in the world to do. Spending these next few days with my father in law Luke Bell will be bitter sweet. The best part of this is that I get to raise his legacy Luke Bell iv and married to his son Luke Bell, so I will always be able to wake up in the mornings and look into my husbands or sons eyes and see him and their webbed toes! One thing to keep in mind is that our loved ones are loaned to us by God, he belongs to our lord and I'm so very thankful that our Heavenly Father was gracious enough to allow me to be a part of this Mans family and the chance to love him. Actually this will be "see you later, in heaven". I love you and promise that I will take care of your son and grandchildren! - Vittoria Shutt Bell

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, shoes and outdoor

Rest in peace our dear friend Luke.  You were one very special person that God gave to us.  I miss you Luke - you are loved by so many, many people.