Skip to main content

Reply to "In Memory of Fungo (Luke Bell)"

When this thread first started I felt it would be wrong and refrained from mentioning this.  But now, with all of these great tributes and affirmations to a man who apparently had (and has) a genuine positive impact on so many, I feel compelled to do so...

My best friend died from ALS in his forties.  He, too, was a great man, great father and husband taken away far too soon because of this terrible disease.  I bring this up not to detract in any way from the proper focus currently on Luke but to further point out that this disease seems to target so many really good people for reasons mostly unknown and out of the control of those stricken.  It also affects far too many spouses, children, mothers, fathers, friends.  There is no cure and progress in research is painfully slow.  

What is happening here in this HSBBW community on this thread in commemoration of Luke Bell is a great thing.  I'm just thinking maybe we can do something more.  Maybe we can figure out how to collectively give to efforts to find a cure for this disease and do so as the HSBBW community in the name of Luke Bell.  Perhaps something is already set up that someone here that was close to Luke knows about?  Perhaps someone knows more about how we can pool our efforts?