Skip to main content

Reply to "Power 5 schools and recruiting"

c2019 posted:

RC told my son that on the visit that we would tour the facilities. they have a scrimmage that afternoon so we would watch practice then go the the Basketball game. just curios on what my son can and cant do ,what to expect?  for example can he swing a bat?  NOTE! we are new at this , when my daughter was being recruited for  D3 softball, the process was different and she was a Senior . I was telling my son just to be open minded and hear what they had to say. 

He can't do anything except make a good impression.  He can't swing bats, throw, etc., so best to dress smartly, have some thoughtful questions ready and absorb as much as he can from the coaches, current players and what he sees on the campus.  Your family will be provided up to three tickets to the basketball game (NCAA limits), and ALL expenses, including any food, will be on you guys.

Son made several unofficials along his path.  Some had football games attached to them where we would attend a "tailgate".  In each case, we had to pay a fair market value for our portion of the tailgate (anywhere from $5 - $10 per person) and all this was logged as you'd sign in.

Unofficial visits are great opportunities to begin gauging how your son feels about the overall "vibe" of the campus, school, team and coaches.

Oh, and whatever he does, don't walk around with a ball cap on backwards.  Went to one of my son's fall games the other week and there were three guys on an unofficial.  Guess which one looked like a tool . . .

Enjoy.

Last edited by Nuke83