Skip to main content

Reply to "Question about Bat Speed (Tee Exit Velocity)"

Refreshing this topic.  For you folks that have already been through the recruiting process/showcases, and exit velocity testing.  Am hoping for your thoughts.  Did you notice that some with not so good swings, had better exit velocities than those with a more solid swing?  Did you notice that a high exit velocity does not always translate into actual "game" power/performance?  I am just starting to see some of the kids we have played with over the years, beginning the showcase circuit.   We have known many of these kids, and how they perform in games, as many of you have known and seen as you went through this same process.  I see where some that struggle in games are getting high exit velocity ratings.  Not all, but some.  Conversely, some of the better "game" players (and better swing mechanics and approach) were not quite as high.  Curious as to how much stock the actual coaches put into this measurement.  My 2018 actually does okay with this (87 mph as a 2018), but is a couple MPH under some kids, that I would not have expected.  Size of the body seems to correlate to a higher exit speed for some, but not all.  Just curious.  Be gentle.  Thanks!