Skip to main content

Reply to "Question about PG Bat Rules for 2018 (13u/14u divisions)"

My son looks at every bat to make sure its labeled and the seal is in place.  Cheaters ARE out there and there are websites that claim they will shave a bat and its only for entertainment purposes (Then claim that they can all but hide the fact it was shaved.  Why would they need to do that????).

This year, and at a PG event I believe, we spotted a drop -5 being used.  Showed the ump and he said "so what.  What do you want me to do about it".  We were floored.  

PG umps are not "expert" level umps one may think being associated with PG and they sure as hell don't know the rules nor care about them.

Had one ump blow a call that would have went against us.  Both sides were sitting together under shade and enjoying a good game.  Man on first, pitcher pitches (field ump calls balk like he was in church) batter hits the ball and makes it to first and runner advanced to second.   Ump said it was a dead ball immediately when a balk is called.  WHICH is incorrect.  Guy made his call but was overhearing me explain the REAL rule to parents and he thought it best to disagree with me.  I said I would give him my number and he could text me HIS rule when he finds it in ANY book.     Guy never did text me.