Skip to main content

Reply to "Release point"

TPM posted:Stating inaccurate information is a lot different than offering opinions.

Of course changes in the release point will change the outcome. But once again, it's not the change in the elbow, but rather the shoulder slot at release point.  This pertains to all pitchers, regardless of velocity. 

And I know that you know that.

I’m gonna make this one response to you.

What I know is, there is no one thing that controls the release point, but rather everything from 1st movement up to release has an effect on it. You think its changes in the shoulder and CACO3GIRL thinks it’s the elbow angle. Well you’re both right in that those things affect the RP, but so do all kinds of other things as well! Delivering a pitch isn’t dependent on just one thing, but rather an entire series of events that work together. The “importance” of all those events isn’t something anyone can rank from most important to least because they’re all connected.

FWIW, that’s my opinion. I respect CACOGIRL’s right to express her opinion and your right to express yours, regardless of whether I think those opinions are right or wrong, and I don’t need to have anyone’s resume to afford them that respect as well.