Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

One thing we don't do here is post negative comments regarding amateur ballplayers as TPM mentioned. Even with pro ballplayers who are generally fair game, we try not to disparage if we know their family are members here (e.g., Zack Duke son of OPP).

That said, I kind of like the idea but not sure we need a separate forum. Why not just start a thread (like this one) in this forum and keep bumping it as you or others have new scouting ideas to post?

No problem with people posting comments or mentioning names with comments like...

Player XYZ has a nice fluid arm action and cruises mid to upper 80's. Looks like a good athlete who can definitely play at the next level.

We hope not to see comments like this however...

Player ABC appears too slow to ever play past the high school level. Also, he appears lazy and may have problems being coached. Not sure he is all that good of a student...

I think you get the idea. I think positive and constructive comments can work but I think you get the idea of what we don't want to see. Use the golden rule and assume it was your kid being talked about. If you don't have something positive to say then we prefer it be left unsaid. You can always discuss "issues" with someone (another scout) behind the scenes via PM.

All that said, I think I like the idea but again, I don't think a separate forum is warranted.

Would like to hear PGStaff's, MN-Mom and other's comments on the subject....
Last edited by ClevelandDad