Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
X,
FYI, we have (and had) current, as well as former scouts who post here and do not post of players ability or inability.

My opinion is that this is what professionals in this business do (not talk about players to the general population), and I pretty much would think that most have other things to do than post on message boards about players. I am not sure being a current or former scout has anything to do with it.

I think that what has happened is that you lost your audience, and you came here looking for one.

It's not going to happen, so you might want to try looking for another place to hang out.

BTW, what former team (s) did you scout for? Mind sharing your personal info with us, as to what team, who you have drafted, years in professional scouting, etc?
Hi TPM and thanks for your reply.

I guess I must not be clear enough to what my proposition was for the moderators/forum. That's ok though.

As far as who I worked for, I worked for many organizations including the MLSB. I started in 1983 as a bird dog and currently work for no one by choice since 2001 when I moved. I hope this clarifies. As far as who've I've signed, that is no one. Who I recommended, that's irrelevant because only the signing scout ever gets credit anymore, only scouts who were passionate about the people that helped them ever gave credit where credit was due. I can say I recommended a pitcher who's battled arm trouble the last couple of years and he ended up pitching in the World Series a few years back, but you'd have to ask his parents, Chuck and Georgene in Brighton, Illinois (hint).

I appreciate the question.

Take care!

X