Skip to main content

Reply to "Southern showcases/combines"

TPM posted:
SchollySearchn posted:

There’s more states than just Florida in the South. 

I am just giving an example within my state. You seem to be just learning about the process, so I thought I would give you an idea how it works. You mentioned the Florida Showball camp. The one in October is mostly FL programs, more D2 than D1.  The one in november is mostly attended by northeast programs.

For the deep south, you might want to make sure that your son is familiar with those regions before any decisions are made.

Virginia, North Carolina have many great programs. I dont get why your son is not pursuing interest in your area.

Dont always think that the grass is greener somewhere else.

TPM, I’m curious... I don’t get why you care why my son might be pursuing schools outside of our state.

We are primarily focused on researching interesting academic schools right now, and then asking “Could he play ball there too?” If the answer is “yes!” Then that school is added to a master list. Regional or not. 

I see that you are from Florida, and yet your son attended Clemson. Was that difficult in some way that causes you to discourage others now?

Interestingly, Clemson is a school my son is looking at since we have family that live nearby and are also alumni. Can you talk to me about how your son got to Clemson from FL?