Skip to main content

Reply to "Stalker vs. Jug"

quote:
Originally posted by justbaseball:
Coach May - While I certainly agree that the Stalker reads lower AND more accurately, I absolutely have seen the Stalker read higher than a guy right next to it with a Jugs - not once, but numerous times. You are right that far more times the Jugs will read higher, but again, I have not seen 3-4 mph, more like 1-2 mph. And I've sat next to multiple Stalkers all reading +/- 1-2 mph on the same pitch as well.

I'm sort of embarrassed to even write this post because it really doesn't matter what I have to say - its just what I've seen.

In any case, the Stalker is the gun nearly all scouts are using and the one that will be quoted in a scouting report.

This idea that a stalker is always -3 mph slower than a jugs sounds like an "old wives tale" or maybe that's an "old scouts tale" to me. I've been doing radar reading for years right along side the scouts and their stalkers and my jugs almost always reads exactly the same as the stalkers. In many cases a stalker or two would be higher. Maybe the cosine of the angle is playing in here, not sure tho.
Smile

Knowledge is Power! Thank you Mavens and HSBBWEB!