Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer league host families"

washrinserepeat posted:

Well, yes he did...and I think if your son is the player I'm thinking of, I feel you should share the story from the championship series...

Championship game 2.  His team lost game 1 the day before 4-0 putting them down 1-0 in a best of 3 series. Game 2 starts off slow, 0-0 heading into the 3rd.  My son, pitching the tail-end of games, goes into the clubhouse to go to the bathroom in the 3rd.  He hears cheering from the stands and texts me to see what is going on. After he hears loud cheering a second time.  Back to back bases loaded walks, we score 2 runs.  Being a superstitious pitcher, he stays in the clubhouse and his team score another in the 3rd.  3-0 bottom of 3.  He exits the clubhouse to go back to the dugout.  The other team strings together 3 hits and scores 3 themselves.  He sits in the dugout until the 7th and decides maybe it is better luck to be in the clubhouse.

Sure enough, the Miners score a run in the top of the 7th to take a 4-3 lead.  He stays until the inning ends and heads back to the dugout.  He tells someone (I don't remember who), that every inning he has gone to the clubhouse, they score.  The coach hears him says this and says to him "Get back into the clubhouse and watch the game on your phone", so off he goes to the clubhouse.  He ends up calling me via Facetime as I am watching the game on computer so he can watch the game.  Sure enough the explode for a 9 run inning including a grand slam.

Here are his in game tweets.

The broadcast team starts to talk about it at the 3:11 mark.  It is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V6VaZrdJXQ

IMG_6037IMG_6040IMG_6039IMG_6038

Attachments

Images (4)
  • IMG_6037
  • IMG_6040
  • IMG_6039
  • IMG_6038