Skip to main content

Reply to "Summer league host families"

Nuke83 posted:
Suds posted:
cabbagedad posted:
Suds posted:

Here is a great host family horror story for you.  My son was in the West Coast League to start the summer this year.  He and 3 other player ended up with a host family that was VEGAN!  Although they lived in a guest house, the would not let the players have any meat or dairy products in the house.  These are 4 college athletes, of which 3 were over 6'2" 200 lbs.  Needless to say, it was costing me a fortune for him to go out to eat 3 times a day when they were home.  They also would not allow the boys to kill and bugs, insects etc.  They had a crazy list of 30 "house rules" that I would not impose on a prisoner let alone a college kid. Team could not relocate the players, so 1/2 way through the year he left. 

He ended up in Alaska which he absolutely loved.  His house family experience was great,  they fed them well and being in Alaska the boys would literally walk outside, catch a Salmon and the family would cook it up.  They took them on sight seeing tours on their off days and had a car for them to use. 

Suds, that was hilarious until it got to the point where it was bad enough they left.  Would be curious to hear more about some of the other crazy house rules.

Here you go.  First is the rules, the next 2 are things posted all throughout the house.  These are just 2 examples.  The family later installed cameras in the kitchen to make sure no meat was being cooked.  It really is quite funny.  For my son, it worked out well.  Went to Alaska, pitched on the team that won it all and got to play a significant role down the stretch

Image-1Image-2Image-3

Sooooo, let the cats outside?

But don't let them eat honey!