Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

RJM posted:

My view of Tebow is simple. He appears to be a nice guy based on things I've read and seen on tv. He was a great college quarterback. He had limited success as an NFL QB based on eliminating 90% of the playbook and playing a string of below average or injury ravaged teams.

Once the Patriots defense (ranked 30th at the time) made halftime adjustments on Tebow they shut him down. Other teams used the same strategy. Tebow finished 1-5 that year including a 45-7 thrashing the second time around in the playoffs against the Patriots and their terrible defense. 

My gripe isn't against Tebow. Its against those who are too blind to see what happened in the NFL and believe Tebow was religiously persecuted out of the NFL. These people should go to a game and look at midfield after a game. They would see about fifty players on their knees praying. I have to think John Elway knows something about quarterbacks. He knew the Broncos weren't going anywhere with Tebow. 

If Tebow really wanted to become an NFL quarterback he should have gone to the CFL and developed with playing time. It worked for Moon, Theismann and Flutie to name a few. If nothing else he might have become one of the CFL greats with his athleticism, the field size and the rules..

I 100% believe the Mets signing Tebow is a publicity and headline grab versus the Yankees in the New York media. Signing him made no sense otherwise. What he will do for attendance for the franchise owned Low A minor league team is gravy. But they couldn't have dreamed up a better attendance grabbing promotion.

Very well put IMHO.