Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

For any player to be on any roster, someone is going to get bumped. New prospects come in and other guys go out and people will debate who was deserving and who was was "cheated."  Usually it will be the player, his family, his girlfriend and maybe one or two other friends who are making the claim.  The world is full of bitter guys who didn't "get a fair shake by baseball brass."  I guess it is a coping mechanism once reality sets in and the game one has devoted so much time and so many dreams to has ended.  I feel for them.  

Some guy who signed for $25k out of his senior year of college and tore up low-A ball will swear he was done wrong because he never got a shot at AA, while a guy who signed out of high school for $4.5M, but didn't have the same results in low-A ball, quickly made it through the ranks, and got chance after chance after chance.  This happens every day.  In the end, clubs will decide for themselves what they thing is best for their program.

At some point maybe we will note that we can agree to disagree and let a thread that has basically turned into your opinion vs. my opinion fade away and stop cluttering our inboxes.