Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

I just can't see how he is not good for baseball. People want to see him play. Some want him to fail. Some want him to succeed. Some just are curious and want to see what all the buzz is about. Yes the odds are stacked against him. Yeah chances are he will never be a ML player. But I just can't see how he is bad for baseball. There are players drafted every year that get a chance that more deserving players do not get. For many reasons. And yes believe it or not because of who they are. Would Tim have been given this shot if he wasn't Tim? Will he get more chances to succeed because he is Tim? Doesn't that happen at every level of the game? Doesn't that happen at every work place? For many reasons.

By all accounts he is a great guy. I never thought he was a NFL QB. I don't believe his faith forced him out of the NFL. I do believe him being outspoken about his faith caused some to dislike him. I do believe fans who screamed that because of his faith he was not given a fair shot in the NFL caused some to dislike him. Some people simply watch sports for sports and don't want to hear about political views or faith. That in itself I believe has caused some to dislike him.

I just believe that more people in the stands and more interest in the game is a good thing. And I also happen to believe that having young kids wanting to emulate a guy like Tim is a good thing. But that is just my opinion. I certainly don't begrudge anyone for having a different opinion. Tim is going to be fine regardless of how this baseball thing goes.