Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

RJM posted:

Kaepernick may be discovering no one player is bigger than the game. However I'm surprised taking a knee for the anthem is worse than women beating, child beating, animal abuse and drug and alcohol abuse from a PR perspective. He hasn't been suspended. Other players took a knee or raised their fists and weren't affected. I don't care for what Kaepernick did. But I care more about the first amendment. 

I don't think it has anything do with one being worse than the other. I think the issue is that there was video of him taking a knee and then speaking out on camera in support of his actions. And, he was the first to do it, and was a QB. No one remembers the guys after him. The same can be said of Ray Rice, there was video of him hitting his wife. Conclusive video makes everything worse in the court of public opinion.

Kaepernick was a low 90's guy from what I've read, and threw out a first pitch at at Giants game in 2013 clocked at 87 mph. I like his chances as a 29 year old prospect better than Tebow's. Also believe that Kaepernick will never be given the chance to play baseball.