Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

RJM posted:

Kaepernick may be discovering no one player is bigger than the game. However I'm surprised taking a knee for the anthem is worse than women beating, child beating, animal abuse and drug and alcohol abuse from a PR perspective. He hasn't been suspended. Other players took a knee or raised their fists and weren't affected. I don't care for what Kaepernick did. But I care more about the first amendment. 

I agree, I can see why kaepernicks actions rub people the wrong way but football hires so many wife beaters, assaulters and substance abusers and that guy doesn't get a job, seems hypocritical.

However I think it is also a question of talent. Kaepernick is probably not the worst backup QB but he is a distraction and you can find that kind of talent without the baggage.

If tom brady did that or lebron on basketball it wouldn't affect their job situation at all. People would still be outraged but no way they would lose their job.

Same is true with aroldis chapman. He did bad things but theo epstein traded his best prospect for him in a heartbeat despite blathering all day long in the media about character and makeup. And half a year later the yanks gave him 100m.

Mental guru steve springer said in his cd "if you are an idiot you better be raking". Makeup and behaviour matters a lot but at a certain talent level it matters a lot less.

Everything equal teams prefer the nicer guy and the lower your talent level the more nice guys with the same talent wait to take your job.