Skip to main content

Reply to "Texas Baseball Ranch?"

Baseballcomesthird posted:

Maybe these measurables will help.

Most likely reclassing to 2021 next year.

5'8

145 LBS

135 Max Bench Press

225 deadlift

225 back squat 

OK this helps you are essentially a HS freshmen throwing low 70's, correct?

I would follow the advice given you and focus on strength and conditioning. Get some jaeger bands and read up on their long toss program and start doing this. I see that you are in Boston so keep up with Cressey.

I see from above that Kyle says they have stopped the remote program, but I would connect with Driveline and see when they plan on releasing a new version. I would look into potentially purchasing the "The athletic pitcher" program from Wolforth and/or communicate with Driveline on how to get started on one of their programs. You have time so you don't need to rush into this, do your homework, and get so you can start one of their programs come next summer. 

I want to caution you that these weighted ball programs are not just "throwing around a bunch of heavy baseballs" they are very specific, and you need to have someone show you how to do them as well as the proper sequencing. You should find someone local who understands them and can help train you. 

There are no guarantees, but if you work hard you can make significant improvements in your velocity, and control. My son was essentially a low to mid 70's pitcher in HS and eventually pitched in college and he topped out at 93/94 with good coaching and using modern training methods. His college pitching coach, who is very very informed on both Wolforth and Driveline told my son that "give me an athletic HS athlete and I can likely get him throwing in the 90's  by the time he is a Senior".  

Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress and keep asking questions here.