Skip to main content

Reply to "The DH"

The rules allow you to have a courtesy runner for the pitcher and catcher. The rules allow you to re enter a starter one time. You can ph for a starter and then re enter him. You can have a dh. Now I have kids like every other program that work their butts off everyday in practice. They are not starters not all of them. I have a chance to let them help the team and the rules allow for it then I am going to give them a chance to do so. How any of you can say that is daddy ball I dont know. These rules were put into HS baseball Im sure to allow more kids an opportunity to be a part of the game. It is not pro ball. If they want to change the rules to mirror pro ball fine with me. But untill they do I will continue to use the rules to allow more kids to play. As far as the 10 run rule goes I dont like it. I would love to use those games as a chance to get kids playing time when we are beating someone down. Or if I am getting beat down I want my guys to battle all the way to the end and not get bailed out by rules. But thats the rule and we live with it.