Skip to main content

Reply to "The "intent" to throw hard"

The intent to throw gas is no different than the intent to mash. Its a mindset imo. I believe you have to have the intent to throw the s__ out of the baseball. And then as you mature in the game you learn the finer points of pitching. Yes some kids are born with great arms and can throw hard. But learning to throw harder comes with the mindset of working to throw harder.

I believe you will never be too fast. You will never throw too hard. You will never hit it too hard. You will never play too hard.

I have helped many kids reach their full potential while they were in my program. At least I believe I did. And building arm strength , learning to throw the baseball as hard as you possibly can comes with the intent to throw hard.

You can throw the baseball hard. But I think you have to do it to do it. Its no different than working to get faster. You have to run as fast as you can in order to run faster. There are many aspects to pitchers learning to throw harder. The intent to do it is one of them. JMO